Come learn to speak St. Kitts Culture & Heritage to contribute to the long-term wellbeing of our destination. This Training includes a half day field trip to a little known historically valuable site. Lunch provided daily.
The main purpose of this particular training is to prepare persons working in the tourism industry to share sustainable tourism knowledge with their colleagues and with their new knowledge work to bring about improvements in the sustainability practices at their respective workplaces. This is to be done using different themes based on needs identified by workers in the industry as well as visitors to the destination.
Our identified and agreed goals are:
- Increase participants’ understanding of what sustainability means
- Increase participants’ awareness of the importance and benefits of sustainability to their business, themselves, and St. Kitts
- Increase participants’ understanding of how they can take action to improve sustainability within their workplace
- Increase participants’ understanding of how they can take action to contribute to the long-term well-being of St. Kitts by becoming versed in the particular area of the series. It is envisaged that this will enable them to be better “sell” the destination.
- Increase participants’ pride in their destination
The topics covered were:
- What is Sustainable Tourism?
- The Business Case for Sustainability
- Exploring Three Categories/Elements of St Kitts and Nevis Culture
- Developing an action plan to position Culture as a prominent part of our sustainable tourism product.
- Connecting the Culture to your business